BASICS Sewing: Place pieces together, wrong sides out. Stitch on
seamline, leaving an opening for turning on stuffed projects. To stuff,
trim seam allowance to 1/4". Clip into curves and across points. Turn
right side out. Stuff. Sew opening closed.
1. Trace small heart.
2. Fold 4" x 8" taffeta, silk, velvet or cotton fabric in half, wrong side out.
3. Trace heart on one side. Stitch, clip and turn (see Basics, top).
4. Stuff with polyester fiberfill. Add potpourri for scent. Sew closed.
5. Hand-sew or use a glue gun to attach a 26" gold shoelace over the seamline.
Tie ends in bow at top.
6. Sew a large safety pin or pinback across top third of back.
Heart Pins Pattern