1 Large Yellow Onion, peeled
3 tb Butter or Bacon Drippings
4 Large Potatoes, peeled
3/4 ts Salt Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1) Chop the onion and potato into 1 inch chunks.
2) Set up the food processor with the chopping blade and coarsely chop the onion using
pulse mode. 3 or 4 pulses should do the job.
3) Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet over moderate heat. Add the onion and allow
to saute while you chop the potatoes.
4) For best results, chop 1/4 of the potatoes at a time. Too many potatoes in the food
processor could produce unevenly chopped potatoes. Put the potatoes in the work bowl
and spread them around evenly before you chop. Use the pulse method about 4 times.
5) Take out the batch of chopped potatoes and put them in the skillet with the onions.
Do this for the remaining 3 batches of potatoes.
6) Saute slowly for 10 minutes. Cover and turn the heat down as low as possible. Let the
potatoes simmer for 10 minutes. This should cook them through.
7) Remove the cover and turn the heat up to brown the potatoes. Stir them up from the
bottom using a spatula. Sprinkle with salt and pepper before serving.