LOMI LOMI SALMON RAVIOLI WITH GINGER VINAIGRETTE
Prep: 50 min Cook: 1 min
Cost per Serving: 91 cents
Fine as a first course too, just cut the serving size
to three ravioli.
4 ounces fresh boneless salmon
2 ounces smoked salmon or soaked and rinsed salted
1 ripe tomato, seeded and diced (about 3/4 cup)
3/4 cup finely diced sweet onion
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package (10 ounces) gyoza wrappers
1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 teaspoon water
Ginger Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
Garnish: toasted sesame seeds, cilantro sprigs
1. Process both kinds of salmon in a food processor
just until a paste forms. Scrape into a
bowl and stir in tomato, onion and salt.
2. Bring a 3- to 4-quart pot of water to boil.
3. Meanwhile assemble ravioli: Place a rounded teaspoon
filling on each wrapper (you'll
need about 40). Fold over (ravioli should be half-moon
shape) and seal edges with
4. Reduce heat until water simmers. Add ravioli, return
water to a simmer and cook
about 1 minute. Pour into a colander to drain.
5. Place 5 ravioli on each plate. Drizzle with vinaigrette,
sprinkle with sesame seeds and
garnish with cilantro.
* Serves 8. Per serving: 285 cal, 7 g pro, 19 g car,
20 g fat, 12 mg chol, 363 mg sod.
Exchanges: 1 starch/bread, 3/4 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat,
3 1/2 fat
GINGER VINAIGRETTE In a small bowl, whisk 2/3 cup vegetable
oil, 1/4 cup rice
vinegar, 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot, 1/4 teaspoon
salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper
until blended. Makes scant 1 cup.