SKILLET TURKEY POTPIE
Total Time: 30 min Cost per Serving: $1.42
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
3/4 pound raw turkey breast, cut in bite-size pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 cups frozen mixed peas and carrots (from a 20-ounce
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed 97% fat-free cream
of mushroom soup
1 cup canned chicken broth
1 small bunch parsley (or 1/2 a large bunch)
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 tube (10 ounces) buttermilk biscuits (10 biscuits)
1. Heat oil in a 10 1/2-inch cast-iron or other ovenproof
skillet over medium heat.
2. Sprinkle turkey pieces with salt and pepper. Add
to skillet and cook, stirring
occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes until pale golden.
3. Heat oven to 400 F.
4. While turkey cooks, rinse frozen peas and carrots
in a colander under running warm
water to thaw slightly. Add to skillet. Cook 6 to 7
minutes, until hot and tender.
55. Meanwhile mix mushroom soup and chicken broth. Cut
stems off parsley and
coarsely chop leaves.
6. Add parsley leaves and thyme to skillet. Reduce heat
to low and stir in soup mixture
until blended. Cook until hot, then remove from heat.
7. Arrange biscuits on turkey mixture in skillet. Bake
10 to 11 minutes, or until the
biscuits are puffed and browned, and turkey mixture
bubbles gently around edges.
* Serves 4. Per serving: 432 cal, 32 g pro, 50 g car,
16 g fat, 59 mg chol, 1,709 mg sod.
starch/bread, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat