Prep: 18 min Bake: 50 min
Cost per Serving: 64 cents
2/3 cup packaged plain bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon each celery salt, onion powder, paprika
and dried thyme
1 broiler-fryer chicken (about 3 pounds), cut in quarters,
skin and excess fat removed
3 tablespoons nonfat yogurt
1. Heat oven to 400 F. Line a jelly-roll pan with foil.
Grease a rack and place in pan.
2. Mix bread crumbs and seasonings on a sheet of waxed
paper. Coat chicken with
yogurt, using fingers or a brush.
3. Press crumbs on chicken to coat. Place on rack, with
spaces in between.
4. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until coating is lightly browned
and juices run clear when
meat is pierced.
* Serves 4. Per serving: 274 cal, 38 g pro, 14 g car,
6 g fat, 115 mg chol, 370 mg sod.
Exchanges: 1 starch/bread, 4 lean meat