Prep: 20 min Bake: 50 min
Cost per Serving: $2.03
All three colors of the Italian flag in luscious layers.
3 cups (24 ounces) nonfat ricotta cheese
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, reserve 2 tablespoons
Whites from 2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 jar (26 ounces) fat-free spaghetti sauce
9 curly-edge lasagna noodles (about 10 ounces), cooked
and drained according to package
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
and squeezed dry
8 ounces reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded (2
cups), reserve 1/2 cup for top
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Have a 13x9-inch baking dish
2. In a medium-size bowl, mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan,
egg whites, salt and pepper
3. Spread 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of baking
dish. Cover with a layer of cooked
4. Spread 1/2 the ricotta mixture over noodles, then
half the spinach and shredded
mozzarella and half the remaining sauce.
5. Continue layering with more noodles, remaining ricotta
mixture, spinach and
mozzarella. Top with remaining noodles and sauce.
6. Sprinkle with reserved Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
7. Cover and bake 30 minutes then uncover and bake 20
minutes or until bubbly around
* Serves 6. Per serving: 462 cal, 40 g pro, 53 g car,
8 g fat, 21 mg chol, 1,299 mg sod.
Exchanges: 2 starch/bread, 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat,
1 dairy/skim milk