Subj: Bob & Dixie's Turkey & Goat Cheese Chili
2 lbs Turkey
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
8oz tomato sauce
1 can (12oz) inexpensive beer
1/4 cup ground dried #6 chili pepper
5 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/4 teaspoon salt (only if necessary)
1 teaspoon cummin powder
1 teaspoon whole cummin seed
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
3/4 lb grated goat cheese
* Brown the turkey in a pan.
- If using ground turkey drain the fat.
- If using whole turkey, slowly pulse it in a food processor until very coarsely chopped,
then brown normally.
* Saute the garlic and onions in the oil in a pot.
* When the garlic is cooked (be careful not to scorch it) add the browned turkey and stir
occasionally for a few minutes.
* Stir in:
* Stir for 5 minutes.
* Stir in the tomato sauce.
* Stir in the beer.
* Cover and simmer for aproximately 2 1/2 hours.
Stir only when necessary, keep the lid on as much as possible.
* Blend in the goat cheese.
* Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
* Serve with the following toppings on the side:
- Chopped onion
- Chopped green pepper
- Chopped garlic
- Grated cheese
- Ground cayenne pepper
*Try Habanero peppersin the main dish or on the side, they are very hot and have a