Shrimp-Rice Pilaf With Feta Cheese
Total Time: 28 min
Cost per Serving: $2.05
If your market carries feta cheese with basil and tomatoes, you can use that instead of
plain feta, but reduce the basil in the rice cooking water to 1 teaspoon.
3 cups water
2 teaspoons dried basil, crumbled
2 cups frozen broccoli florets (from a 20-ounce bag)
1 1/2 cups uncooked converted rice
3/4 pound medium-size shrimp (about 24)
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese (1/2 cup)
1. Bring water and basil to a boil in a 12-inch skillet.
2. Meanwhile rinse frozen broccoli florets in a colander under running warm water to
3. Add rice to skillet, return water to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 13
4. While rice cooks, peel and devein shrimp. When rice has cooked 13 minutes, add
shrimp, broccoli and salt to skillet and stir to mix well.
5. Cover and cook 7 to 8 minutes longer or until shrimp are opaque in center.
6. Add feta cheese and stir gently until partially melted and rice is lightly coated. Serve
* Serves 4. Per serving: 427 cal, 25 g pro, 63 g car, 8 g fat, 130 mg chol, 711 mg sod.
Exchanges: 3 3/4 starch/bread, 1 vegetable, 1 3/4 lean meat, 1/2 fat