RELLENO-CASS(MV) USENET Cookbook RELLENO-CASS(MV)
CHILI RELLENO CASSEROLE
RELLENO-CASS - An easier way to make chili rellenos
A friend of mine, Cynthia Ojeda, cooked this recipe for me
once. I told her it was good enough to share with the
Usenet community, so she wrote it down for me. Serve it
with plenty of Spanish rice and salsa.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4-6)
6 large eggs
1 lb jack cheese
1 lb longhorn cheese (colby)
8 oz whole green chilies (1 large can)
(1) Preheat the oven to 350 deg. F.
(2) Separate whites from yolks. Whip whites until
stiff. Beat yolks until smooth. Fold yolks into
whites. Season, salt & pepper, as wished.
(3) Grate cheeses and combine together.
(4) Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
(5) Spread small amount of egg mixture in dish.
(6) Split open green chilies and layer on top of mix
(7) Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
(8) Spread some more egg on top of that.
(9) Repeat steps 6-8 until the ingredients are gone
(finish with egg).
(10) Bake for 25 minutes, or until brown.
Serve warm with salsa.
Difficulty: easy. Time: 15 minutes preparation, 25 minutes
cooking. Precision: no need to measure.
American Information Technology, Cupertino, Calif., USA
From: calvin@stc (Calvin Sambrook)
Subject: RECIPE: Rhubarb and banana fool
Date: 27 Jun 86 03:40:59 GMT
Organization: STC Telecoms, London N11 1HB.
Copyright (C) 1986 USENET Community Trust
Permission to copy without fee all or part of this material is granted
provided that the copies are not made or distributed for direct commercial
advantage, the USENET copyright notice and the title of the newsgroup and
its date appear, and notice is given that copying is by permission of
the USENET Community Trust or the original contributor.