5 PANTRY-RAID MENUS
Oops! You forgot to thaw something for dinner and there's no way you'll have time for
the store. Not to worry, at least not if you have a few basic ingredients in your fridge and
your kitchen shelves are stocked with the ingredients for these weeknight menus.
Santa Fe Egg Salad (In Kitchen under Budget Lunches)
Celery and Carrot Sticks
* Did you know you could hard-cook eggs in your microwave? Stir 6 to 8 raw eggs in a
glass pie plate to mix yolks and whites. Nuke them uncovered on high 2 1/2 to 3 1/2
minutes, stirring them as they set. Flip them onto a board and wait till they're cool
* Stuff the egg salad into pitas or even baked potatoes.
The Easiest Chili Ever
Lettuce Wedges, Ranch Dressing
* Just mix and heat two 14 1/2-ounce cans chili-style chunky tomatoes, a 16-ounce can of
corn and a 16-ounce can of kidney beans. Serve over rice with chopped onion and sour
cream if you have some.
Tuna and White-Bean Salad (In Kitchen under Fish)
Instant Cherry Sundaes
* Spoon cherry-pie filling over ice cream.
Fresh Tomato Sauce (In Kitchen under Sauces) with Pasta
* You can use black olives instead of green pepper in the sauce.
Vegetables with Cheese Sauce
* Stir shredded cheese and mustard into white sauce made from a mix. Spoon over
heated beets, carrots, peas, beans and any other canned or frozen vegetables.