From: Char Rice
Subject: Maple Souffle
A classic souffle, flavored with maple syrup
This recipe was given to me by a colleague from the Universite Laval in Quebec, P. Q.,
Canada. If you cannot get maple syrup, try pancake syrup or some fruit liqueur (such as
Grand Marnier, Fraise des Bois, etc.)
Chef: Laurent Siklossy
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup maple syrup
4 egg whites
1) Preheat oven to 375 deg. F. Beat the egg whites.
2) Add slowly the sugar and baking powder, turning slowly with a spatula.
3) Slowly add the maple syrup, turning with a spatula.
4) Grease a souffle dish with butter.
5) Bake at 375 deg. F for 30 minutes.
6) Serve immediately.
Difficulty: easy. Time: 5 minutes preparation, 30 minutes baking. Precision: measure