LOW-FAT CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Prep: 5 min Freeze: 20 min
Total Cost: $1.80
Sinfully rich taste and texture, but very low in fat.
You can substitute any flavor instant
pudding for the chocolate.
1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding and
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated skim milk (not sweetened
1 cup skim milk
1. Mix pudding powder and sugar in a bowl. Whisk in
evaporated milk and skim milk
2. Pour into ice-cream maker and freeze according to
manufacturer's instructions, or use
still-freeze method (below).
3. Pack into freezer container, cover tightly and freeze
up to 1 month.
* Makes 1 quart, 8 servings. Per serving: 121 cal, 5
g pro, 25 g car, 1 g fat, 3 mg chol, 268
mg sod. Exchanges: 1 starch/bread, 1/2 dairy/skim milk
* Pour prepared ingredients into a metal loaf pan or
8-inch square baking pan.
* Cover with plastic wrap or foil and place in freezer.
* Freeze for 1 to 2 hours or until solid.
* Break frozen mixture in pieces with a fork and spoon
into a food processor or a large
* Process, or beat with electric mixer on medium-high
speed, until soft but not melted.
Repeat freezing and processing or beating 1 or 2 times,
if desired, for smoothness.
* After final processing or beating, stir in chopped
chocolate or other small pieces, such