BROWNIES-2(D) USENET Cookbook BROWNIES-2(D)
BROWNIES-2 - Serious chocolate brownies
This is an adaptation of the "Scrumptious Brownies" recipe
found on a box of Baker's unsweetened chocolate. I've
reduced the amounts of sugar and flour from the original,
which I find makes for a very fudgey brownie.
INGREDIENTS (32 brownies)
8 oz unsweetened chocolate (8 squares)
1/2 lb butter
2 1/2 cups
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups
2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
(1) Grease a 13x9 inch pan and pre-heat oven to 375
(2) Melt the chocolate and the butter in the top of a
double boiler over simmering water. Whisk until
smooth. Set aside to cool while beating eggs.
(3) Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla at high speed for
a full 10 minutes.
(4) Blend in the chocolate-and-butter mixture at low
(5) Add flour, beating just to blend. Stir in walnuts,
(6) Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Do not overbake. The
brownies are done when a toothpick inserted into
the center comes out slightly dirty.
(7) Cool in pan, then cut into squares.
Difficulty: easy to moderate. Time: 30 minutes preparation,
1 hour cooking and cooling. Precision: measure the
mt Xinu, Berkeley, California, USA
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Pat Caudill)
Subject: RECIPE: Buffet biscuits
Date: 20 May 88 06:07:35 GMT
Organization: Tektronix, Inc., Portland, Oregon, USA
Copyright (C) 1988 USENET Community Trust
Permission to copy without fee all or part of this material is granted
provided that the copies are not made or distributed for direct commercial
advantage, the USENET copyright notice and the title of the newsgroup and
its date appear, and notice is given that copying is by permission of
the USENET Community Trust or the original contributor.