BANANA-CAKE(D) USENET Cookbook BANANA-CAKE(D)
BANANA SPLIT CAKE
BANANA-CAKE - A no-cooking cake with fruit and whipped cream
INGREDIENTS (Crust #1)
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup margarine
PROCEDURE (making crust #1)
(1) Mix and press in bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake 10
minutes at 350 deg. F. Cool.
INGREDIENTS (Crust #2)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup soft margarine
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
PROCEDURE (making crust #2)
(1) Blend all ingredients thoroughly. Pat dough on
bottom of a pan.
(2) Bake at 400 deg. F for about 10 minutes or until
golden brown. Cool.
INGREDIENTS (Crust #3)
32 Oreo cookies
2/3 cup melted margarine
PROCEDURE (making crust #3)
(1) Crush cookies and mix them with the margarine.
Press mixture in bottom of pan.
INGREDIENTS (Filling for 1 cake)
1/2 cup margarine
2 1/2 cups
4-5 bananas, sliced lengthwise
20 oz chunk pineapple, drained
4 cups whole strawberries
1 cup whipping cream
(1) Whip margarine/sugar/egg mixture with electric
mixer and spread over cooled crust.
(2) Place bananas, cut side down, on top of above
(3) Spread on the pineapple chunks, then the strawber-
(4) Whip the cream, cover the whole dish with whipped
cream, and sprinkle with nuts.
(5) Refrigerate 4 hours before serving.
Difficulty: easy. Time: 20 minutes preparation, 4 hours
cooling. Precision: approximate measurement OK.
Peggy B. Gillenwater
Naval Ocean Systems Center, San Diego
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Michael Oudshoorn)
Subject: RECIPE: Barmi Goreng
Date: 6 Mar 88 09:48:17 GMT
Organization: University of Adelaide, South Australia
Copyright (C) 1988 USENET Community Trust
Permission to copy without fee all or part of this material is granted
provided that the copies are not made or distributed for direct commercial
advantage, the USENET copyright notice and the title of the newsgroup and
its date appear, and notice is given that copying is by permission of
the USENET Community Trust or the original contributor.